Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Year in Review

Last year at this point, I was preparing for Christmas and anticipating turning 40.  I had a countdown counter on the blog to tell me how many days I had to look fabulous when I turned 40.  Yeh, that didn't go as I thought.

This year has flown by!  True I have not blogged much as I used to.  But then I had time to do that.  It is hard with 2 kids who have their own growing edges and also dealing with your own growing edges.

This morning, my daughter went to the fridge (that I thought was locked) and took an almost full box of juice to the playroom and dumped its contents onto the tv stand and carpet.  I found her naked on the couch and her new diaper discarded on the floor in the puddle.  It was wet on the outside. So I assumed that she had stripped and then peed.  But boy that was a big puddle.  As I cleaned it up, I found the discarded empty juice box.  I don't mean a drinking box, I mean a 1 litre box of apple juice.  *sigh* Sometimes I don't know what to think.

My son has rejected sleeping in his room and prefers to sleep on the couch in the playroom.  This means that he rarely leaves this area.  Not healthy.  So yesterday, I was mean and made him sleep in his room on the bed.  I lay down with him and he fought me but he was so tired -- his eyes closing while saying "no, I don't like the bed" and the next he was asleep.  This sounds simple, but this took about an hour to get to this point. An hour past his bedtime.  He then woke at 6:30 a.m. "mumma mumma" and that was the start of the day.

So as I said, this year has not gone as I thought.  Yes I know, if you want to make God laugh, just tell him your plans.

So let's see. 

I went to Vegas in March with a near stranger who is now my good friend.  Took that risk and it paid off.

I have finished my peer review for my certification and now decide that I don't need to keep the certification from my previous profession, nor do I need to stay on the executive board.

I am now a chair for a planning conference for a National conference to be held in BC in 2016.  Once i finish that, I think I will take a long break from my professional association for a while and downgrade my status (pay less). 

I have a daughter who is considered developmentally delayed, and rarely speaks.  This concerns doctors but not other twin mommies who tell me that their kid was the same way. 

Neither kid will potty train yet and they are 3 years old and 2 1/2 months.  This is an issue because the church group that we go to makes them stay in the 2 year class until they are.


I am also now the VP for my twin Mommy group, as I call it.  It is actually called the "Fraser Valley Multiple Miracles Association".  We have a website that needs to be overhauled as it is quite outdated.  Of course, being the VP for a group that I have only been in for 2 years is crazy. Even more crazy is that I have to take the reigns for it next year as president.  For a group that I still don't fully understand the workings of. 

I have dropped 2 other committees that I was on as I really don't have time.

And I have a room FULL of stuff that the kids don't use anymore.  I don't want to just give it away but it's not worth the time to sell either.

So there have been ups and downs this year. 

I still do my hobby of my family tree, but have slowed down for the past few months.  It now has 22,968 people in it.

I have gained a new hobby, and realized that I am a "cemeterist" - a person who loves cemeteries and the history in it.  I have taken photos of tombstones related to my family tree and others.  In so doing, I have gained a new community of people to talk to.

I don't think that there is a "plan" for 2015.  Other than attending a conference in April (to prepare for 2016's conference) and meetings related to the 2016 conference, there might be a side trip here and there but no real big plans like major trips or renos this year.






No comments: