Monday, December 02, 2013

milestones

So I keep saying I should blog something.. and don't.  Because I either don't have the energy or concentration to do so when I get to a computer, or there is just too much going on....

It is now December.  One month til the end of 2013, after which there is one more month of my diet challenge.  It has been good for me; to date, I have lost 13lbs.  This is a good thing I suppose, because I don't really want to eat junk food all the time.  Food has always been a comfort thing; I eat when I'm stressed, I eat when I'm bored.  and I crave sugar! i have always had a sweet tooth, a choice between a cookie or an apple... cookie wins.

I still haven't figured out what I will be doing to mark my 40th.  I suppose it is a big milestone, but then things are milestones if you want them to be. I will likely get my hair done as I am wont to do every 5 years or so.

The kids have been growing and learning by leaps and bounds.  Leaps I say.. yesterday they somehow pulled the movies/DVDs to the floor from the high shelf and broke a disk in half.  It was a Thomas disk, a movie that we can get on Netflix but I was slightly appalled when hubby told me on the phone.  I was at the grocery store trying to find their cold meds.  Because they are only 2, I can't give them "normal" meds for an illness, so I have had to hunt for Coryzalia to give them for their runny noses.  Doesn't stop them from running the length of the house, wiping their noses on everything... the couch, the back of their hands, the windows, and whatever shirt you are wearing.  Hubby asked incredulously the other day, "did he just run up to me so that he could wipe his nose on my shirt, not for a hug?"

Preschooler boy is .. (ack I have preschoolers.  they are 26 months and 2 weeks)  talking more.  He likes to spell words that he sees.. anywhere, your shirt, the book, the TV, the billboard.  And out of the blue, "8, 9, 10!"  He isn't able to pronounce everything well, (7 is "sev")  but he is a smart cookie.

Preschooler girl is .. wanting a cup ALL the time.  This is a good thing, I suppose, as she is expressing interest in the next stage.  Good as the boy refuses anything but a bottle, and nothing but milk.  So everything is a cup.  If it has a hole in it, she pours her milk in it to and drinks.  The blocks, the truck, the picnic basket cup (that has holes on the bottom), and if you hear slapping from the other room, best go check to see what they are "decorating" now.  She likes to rub her hands in the milk on the TV stand, on the high chair tray... floor, you name it.  Guess I'll have to invest in finger paints and make sure to teach her the proper places to put the paint.

 

No comments: