Saturday, January 05, 2013

Today's Outing

Today, I was out of the house for most of the day.  I began my morning by an early morning wakeup.  My daughter woke up at 1 and then hubby didn't get back to bed til 2:30 a.m. and then woke up again at 4ish and I didn't get back to bed ti 5:30 a.m. Ick!

I had a 10 a.m. appointment at the bank to open an account for each of my children. I figure I should start early as people give us birthday money, etc.  We already have an RESP for them so I thought it was better for an account for the kids.

Then I went to a the Safeway across the road. The staff were super friendly but the prices suck! Way too much.  Superstore seems to be better for baby food and milk - the 2 main items we need.  Then I went to Value Village to see if I could find clothes for the kids, and raided the 18 months section and even found shoes for the kids.  I hope they fit.

So I left the house at 9:45 a.m. and got back at 12:30 p.m. Hubby looks at me with a harried look and said "that was a long appointment. The children were crazy."  I had no response to that as this is what normally happens and he is gone 12 hours...

Then I left again and drove to Tsawassen, 40 minutes away, to buy a glider chair for baby girl's room.  I figured since I was there, that I would drop in on a friend who is actually from my home province, but I met him here. He was thrilled to see me, and I even got to meet one of his sisters.  Got home at 4:30 p.m. and played my game from Facebook before making supper.  Fed the kids and now we have their cousin over who dropped in.  

The new clothes are currently in the washing machine after I ripped off the tags.  Most of them I bought for .99 cents to $2. So it was a good day of deals.

 

No comments: