Sunday, November 25, 2012

Reasons to stop this annoying habit.

When I first moved in with my hubby, I had to learn to deal with his "annoying habits".  (I didn't have any, I'm sure... but he had lots. *Note the sarcasm*) So when I remember telling him AND his brother, that it would be a good idea to learn to put the toilet seat down, especially as both brothers were expecting children, because children can fall in and drown.  There have been numerous news items that cite a 2 year old or other age drowned in a bucket of water.  Children can drown in 2 inches of water.  

When I mentioned this, they both thought I was crazy.  


Last night, I learned another reason the toilet lid should go down.  Other than the fact that bacterial mist arises when you flush, but it is a hazard to your reading items.  I accidentally dropped my book in the toilet.  I was shocked.  I have never done that before.  I fished it out quick so there is little damage to the book, but had that been an e-reader.., or pager, imagine!   

 

No comments: