Friday, August 17, 2012

Scenes from our walk today




 This morning, I took the children for a walk. It was 8:30 a.m. when we left the house. We went to the store to get more baby cereal and other foods for them to eat.  We ran into a former co-worker of mine from the hospital.  I noted the visible questioning look as she first tried to figure out who I was.  But then she was likely used to seeing me dressed to the nines in business/office attire whereas this woman with no makeup in a huge hat, greets her wearing tank top and shorts, bra straps showing ala Carrie from Sex in the City. Wonder what she thought. But then we haven't seen each other for 3-4  years... I'm sure she thought I gained weight. But the kids are cute...

So these are photos from our detour home.  One thing that I wondered to myself was what was the point of the city planting grass between the curb/roadside and the sidewalk if they just let it go brown.  And WHY do we care that they mow the lawn (I had to avoid a large tractor like mower coming at us on the sidewalk) and weedwacker if we end up seeing litter on the grass.  Why do we care if they do that if they don't clean up the rest of the area? 


The other photo are interesting roses that we saw in a yard 













and the last photo is of a maple tree that is outside of my complex.  Not sure that the white spots on the leaves are a good thing....

No comments: