Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Oh man I did it again!

This morning, I was bending down to empty the dishwasher and I FELT my back go out. This is the second time that I have had back problems. Luckily I was able to go to sleep as the babies and I napped together and this seemed to help.  It forced me to do other things that needed to be done, but weren't on the plan.  I'm not sure when I would put them on the list, but nonetheless.  I cleaned out my kitchen drawers and lazy susan and added to the pile of household items to ditch.  It is so liberating to get rid of stuff, me the pack rat, I agree.

Now that the day is over, my back is better. We will see how much better in the morning and whether or not I need hubby to stay home to help with the kids.  Irony is that he had injured himself and couldn't do anything this weekend (much) to help me and now it is the other way around.  

I have been pushing myself to pack everything as I thought there was a shorter deadline.  After talking to hubby this weekend, I learned that the time line for packed/less stuff in house to list and show will be end of August/beginning of September. Phew! that helps.

Now if I could just get people to come and get the stuff that they say they want... free or not. Ugh.


On another note, as part of the cleaning this weekend, I found hubby's "historical photos" disk from one side of his family.  I enjoyed looking at it as it helped me to fill in the blanks of the family tree project that I have been working on for years.  It was nice to see photos of his grandmother that I never met and other people and helped me to connect the dots.  There are still some blanks to fill in, but this was a nice venture.

No comments: