Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Letters to the Twins

Hello my babies! 
You are 10 months old today!! What a life you have had. In the short time that you have been here, you have changed your parents lives forever.  
Had surgeries, gave us a scare a time or 2, learned to eat solid food, sit up (and fall over) and are developing into 2 very interesting, very different little people. 


Baby girl, mommy is trying to wean you of your soother, but you are a label eater, a bib eater and whatever else you stuff in your mouth. Hopefully you will learn to put other things in your mouth. Like more Cheerios!! you are doing so good with those and you don't even have any teeth yet!
I promise to teach you to cook and clean, and be independent. I will try to listen and hear what you are saying so that you can develop into a thoughtful, creative little girl, and an independant woman.

Baby Boy,
Mommy does find it interesting that you, with the 2 teeth, do not like any thing chunky. Not banana, not cheerios, not veggies, not anything! But please stop gagging when there is a small chunk. You have some teeth, you could TRY to chew.  Mommy loves that you are such a big boy and learning to do so many things on your own.  That you love your big sister and delight when your family comes in the room.  I promise to teach you cook and clean so that you can be independent. I will try not to "mother" you too much, try to let you do things yourself.  I will teach you to bake, and your sister will learn about cars and how to do things around the house.  Daddy will teach you about LEGO and computers.

Most of all, I promise to love you, no matter what.  Even when you don't want to go to sleep. Even when your sister wakes me up at 4 a.m.  Even when you squirm and roll over before I've had a chance to put the diaper on.  Even when life gets hard... mommy will love you and try to let you be you. Oh my twins, mommy can't wait for your 1st birthday party and to see what another year brings.

No comments: