Monday, June 04, 2012

Canadian scenes disguised as American... hmm

As most of you know, I am from the Atlantic region, but moved here to BC 10 years ago.  Prior to that, I didn't know of BC's "reputation" in the film world as the "Hollywood of the North".  Now that I have lived here for almost 10 years (in November), I notice BC locations in movies and TV shows and think it is SOO cool to see Canadian "content" although it is disguised as American.  

Alcatraz was the latest show that I loved that was filming in downtown Vancouver.  It has since been cancelled, but there are other currently aired shows that are BC oriented; Once Upon a Time (from ABC) is filmed in Steveson  (which is in the Richmond area),  and a newly discovered show (new to me) is Continuum, which was filmed in Downtown Vancouver.  I also love to see the show Haven, although it is in reruns and I am WAITING for the next seasons to air.. if ever, because it is filmed in Nova Scotia, specifically in the Mahone Bay, Liverpool area.  It does make me homesick at times though as I haven't been back home for 2 years now.

No comments: