Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Update on life

Ah yes. It hasn't been more than a week yet since the end of the working life. I have been back to work once last week for birthday cake, and might go back once a week as a volunteer to help with the clothing depot. The clothing depot is a room where the hospital stores clothes for patients in need. Some patients come in with dirty clothes, or they are cut off of them in the Emergency room, while others weren't planning to come or have lost weight, hence they need something to wear upon discharge. There is no consistent person to sort it and about a year ago, I went in on a Saturday to "fix" it and reorganize it. If I do go back, this time my volunteer hours will be credited which will be good for the resume when I go hunt for a job.

In the meantime, I went to Michael's today to get materials to make photo cards. I figure I take enough photos and buy enough cards, that maybe I could learn how to make them. While I was there, I asked about the cake decorating class. I decided to sign up while I was there, or else I would find some reason not to go. So for 4 weeks in June, I shall learn about decorating skills. We'll see how that goes and whether I decide to do more with this, or with photography.

I have been to photo stores, as usual. But have been asking about cameras, as I would like a DSLR camera. I figure if I want to learn to better my skills, or even go in to the business, that I should learn about cameras and see about getting a DSLR camera, as opposed to my "point and shoot" version.

We shall see what pans out. In the meantime, I am enjoying my time off. It feels like a long weekend, but I don't feel like I should be at work, or that I should find another job just yet. I figure I will wait at least a month, to destress, purge the house, and generally relax. I am enjoying the doing nothing and remember the words of my father-in-law, "if it doesn't get done today, there is always tomorrow."

(So don't worry MaryLou, I'm doing fine and hope you are too.)

No comments: