Thursday, May 13, 2010

Scenes from the End




So... here it is... 11 p.m. PST on my last day of work. The office is empty except for the books that aren't mine, the keys, the ID, and the manuals for the next person's use.

I'm sure that there are a lot of people who don't know. A lot of people who don't understand.. a lot of people that I will miss. But here it is, an end of an era in my life. And time for the next phase.

I am looking forward to "doing nothing" for a while. No pressure to get up early, not needing to get on transit and fight the cram of a train or bus. Just whatever.

Tomorrow, I will start to clean up the first floor of my house of the "stuff" from the office. Then I will start to bake some things for a bake sale at my church. The last time I did this, I made a cake and it sold .. with the plate for $15. This time, I will also bake for CHOPIN & DESSERT. In honor of Chopin's 200th Birthday, there will be a fundraiser concert featuring Chopin's music with dessert after. Now , it is on to bed.

No comments: