Sunday, February 14, 2010

I hate being sick...


Talk about timing to be sick. I'm not surprised as I typically get an annual cold in February. Where this one came from I have no idea. I phoned hubby to ask him to bring home milk after choir practice. His response to my voice was "Boy, you don't sound good." as at that time, my voice got worse. Lower and more congested.
Today I remembered that we were going to pick up a fellow choir member due to the Olympics shutting down streets, and transit routes being messed up. I joked that I could sing tenor, while she joked that I could be bass. So I stayed home, again.
So I have tried vitamin C, Orange juice, strepsils, Sinus pills, and finally had to pull out the big guns and use Neo-Citron Total. It seems to work. Mostly...
I'm supposed to be on call this week coming... I don't know if I can go tomorrow, or if I would get sent home. You know.. working at a hospital and all.

In the meantime, I am indulging with Olympics on TV (some, as I am much of a sports fan.) and old movies. Old movies are my sick day treats. Cary Grant, Fred Astaire, Frank Sinatra, and of course what ever is on the PVR that hubby doesn't typically watch with me.

No comments: