Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Movie rave...

Forget what I said about Sherlock Holmes. It was an action movie more than the versions that I grew up with. My mother did NOT like it as well as Jeremy Brett's protrayal. BUT I so recommend the new Disney movie The Princess and the Frog.

This is a delightful story with such good messages. It is not necessarily the fluffy everything works out in the end type move. There is honesty. There is the villian. There is heartbreak. and of course, the girl kissed the frog... and turned into one herself!! as opposed to the typical frog turns to a prince and they live happily ever after.

One of the songs had the lyrics about thinking not about what you want, but about what you need. There is a difference between what we need and what we want. For most people, it is hard to separate want from need. Such as when I go shopping, and the 3 questions to ask when shopping: Do I want it? Can I afford it? Do I need it? Often the answer is no, I don't need it, and it is a bit pricy, BUT I WANT IT... and usually the last one overrides my good judgement and I buy it. I will expand on this need/want issue in my other blog.
But I SOO recommend this. It is not a just a kid's movie regardless of it being a cartoon.


No comments: