Sunday, December 27, 2009

A grittier Sherlock for another decade



This weekend we went to see Sherlock Holmes, directed by Guy Ritchie, starring Robert Downey, Jr., Jude Law, and Rachel McAdams. Mark Strong was a formidable villain in Lord Blackwood, reminding me of Al Pacino in some aspects. Just when I thought the plot was wrapping up, it expanded and surprised me.

I haven't see Downey Jr. in anything since Ally McBeal (the days before his plummet to addiction and waking up in a stranger's house after a evening of stonedoutofhismind time) and I know that he has been in some flicks since, but man... he was good. I have watched Sherlock on TV starring Jeremy Brett. I wasn't overly thrilled at the time, but this rendition of Holmes was fabulous!! The dialogue was clever and there was certainly a lot of action including Holmes fighting in what would now be termed UFC.



1 comment:

Jenn said...

SHOCKED woman says to BFF--your DH didn't FORCE YOU TO SEE IRON MAN??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Btw it was entertaining & full of fun hunky men in red plastic/vinyl suits --what could go wrong????