Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Less Drama please.. more mundune

I wish that my life was less like a soap opera and a bit more boring. So let me catch you up.


I had a flood in my house the day before I went on vacation. Luckily the in laws pitched in and fixed up that disaster. Everything had to get moved in the 2 bedrooms and my guest room has never really recovered. The bed is in pieces and leaning against the wall. We tried to get rid of it and even offered it on Craigslist or freecycle, but people wanted parts vs. the whole thing. But it is a good thing that I didn't get rid of it as I have 2 guests coming, one for this weekend, and another the following weekend. So I suppose that the guest room will have to be put to rights for them.


Then it becomes my hobby room so that I can work on my scrapbooks and pictures. I figure hubby has his hobby room, bedroom #2, which is the computer room/TV room, so I get one for me too.




Anyhow, all of this was over shadowed by the return or discovery of the mouse's continued residence with us. I had to bake a cake for someone's birthday and went digging into my crawlspace/pantry for the pan. I found an empty bag of oatmeal. Assuming it was left over from the mouse before, I threw it the other way and kept digging for the pan. Instead, I found that there were holes in the bags of sugar that I was planning to take to work. Then I looked further, there were 2 FULL bags of chips... well the empty bags and some shiny tinfoil on the floor. SOMETHING ATE 2 full bags of chips, a FULL bag of oatmeal, 1/2 bag of 2 kg bag of sugar, bit into the chocolate chips, bit into the whole wheat noodles... GRRR!! I was not impressed. I hollered at my husband that we still had the mouse. So he had to change his plans for that Saturday and instead of finishing a project he was working on (likely fixing a computer) he emptied out the crawlspace and duct-taped EVERY inch of it.

The next day he didn't like the look of it and decided to change it to this...
While he was removing the board to mount the new "cover", he spotted the mouse. I was trying to organize my living room, and put the food into rubbermaid tubs when he tells me. "I saw the mouse." "Really? Where did it run to?" "Well, it's not running, it's crawling around in front of me. Not too fast either." It was hiding behind one of the pipes. So he had me get a tweezer item and got it by the tail . We then put it in a container and took it out of our house!! I know this all seems silly, but it is the little things that add up to BIG frustration at times...

No comments: