Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Life's lesson #987632


I have a great husband.. after a long day and a horribly event, he didn't go ballistic as I thought he might. Instead he said, well now you've gotten it over with..."

Yesterday, I forgot my wallet at home. So after work, I went to the store. Got stuck in traffic and detours (trying to take a different route there), and it seemed to take longer to get to the stores and find parking than it did to be IN the store. I was worried because I realized that it was taking longer than I thought and I had left my cell phone at home.


When I got home, I had to back the car into our spot. Sometimes there is a car behind our spot, sometimes there isn't. This is a new thing for the past 3-4 months. It is annoying. Anyhow, I hate backing in to this spot as there is a pillar, a concrete pillar on one side of our spot. I could tell that despite "allignment" with spot, that I had hit it and scraped the car above the upper back wheel on the driver's side. So I grab my stuff and go upstairs to tell my husband. Only to realize 2 things: my house keys are in my car, which is also needed to get into the parking garage, (I had the car keys, but not the house keys.) and my husband in not home yet. So I stand on a patio chair to look through the front door to check that he is not home, but on the computer (hence oblivious to the world). Luckily, the strata prez was around and let me into the garage to get my house keys.

So I call him and get mad that he is not home yet. Silly me. Then I fume at myself while cleaning out the messy tupperware drawer. I'm so upset with myself that I can't even begin to think about making supper. The whole reason I was in a hurry to get home. So I apologize to hubby when he gets home, and he says .."well at least you got it overwith. The car's been scratched now you can breathe." Or something like that. It is the next day and he still hasn't seen it. What a great hubby.

No comments: