Sunday, July 20, 2008

Busy weekend




This weekend has been a busy one!! It began by going to TheatreSports on Friday with the church group for the monthly social. The show was an improv, similar to "Who's Line is it Anyways? Hubby was conscripted as typist for one sketch. The player had to say everything that he typed on the screen. In the end, hubby won a gift certificate to whitewater rafting. I told him "have fun". There is noooo way... well, maybe, I might go.
Anyhow, the next day I had a BBQ for people from work. Not everyone came. I didn't expect them to. It was just a chance to have a social event, away from the office. We combined it with a baby shower for one of my coworkers. His family came. Baby slept most of the time. It was interesting to watch him being handed around by the men. Not something I expected to see...

After cleaning the house up, hubby and I took off to the theatre to see the Batman movie. I tried not to be influenced by the media reports about Heath Ledger being a shoo in for an Oscar nomination, but man, did he ever still the show!! His take on the Joker was fan-tabulous!! I would have seen this movie because it is Batman, but also Heath Ledger rocks! Every since I saw him in A Knight's Tale and then 10 things I hate about you. I was hooked.

This morning, we tried a new church. New to me anyways. Hubby used to go there a while back. It was different. They used powerpoint and projected the speaker on the screen. That was a good thing as I couldn't read his lips from where I was sitting in the balcony. The sanctuary looks more like an auditorium than I am used to. And it was packed!! This was the second service of the day. The numbers were overwhelming for me. But the service was good. I could get used to it if I went more often. As it was a guest speaker, I wonder what the regular minister is like.

No comments: