Friday, May 16, 2008

No I'm not crazy.. you mean you don't do this??

Yesterday, I went to pick up something that I had requested from freecycle. I thought it was in a part of town that I knew.. but that was not the case. Luckily, I have GPS. I do not have to worry about where I am going, that I will get lost. No, I just trust that my GPS will get me to where I need to go. (even though sometimes there is a more efficient route then what the map is telling you to do.)
So there I am going down Willingdon Avenue, not remembering how LONG it is and the GPS voice tells me that in "2.8 kilometers, turn right" Now Willingdon is pronouced "WILL - ing-dun", but what the GPS kept saying was "wil-LING-dun". After hearing, "drive x number of Kilometers and turn on to wilLEENdun" so many times, I started to talk to it. "It's WillINGdon, you stupid thing, not very smart are you". AGGH. So I wonder what the people in other cars thought to see this lady talking to her GPS...
But then, I could have been talking on one of those bluetooth things for the phone, or to my radio, or that car ahead of me.. You mean you don't do this. *wink

No comments: