Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life's Lesson # 3053

This week I've had an interesting lesson about group dynamics and communication styles. I am amazed at the different thinking out there about what is and is not ok to say. Then there are some who are afraid to say what they really think for fear of offending someone. I have always told people to talk to me direct versus third person, etc. I also appreciate when people are direct. There is a difference between direct and honest, and direct and rude. Some times it is a delicate balance between the two, and personalities (and cultural differences) lead to different ideas about what is direct, subtle or rude. Makes me wonder how some people get through life. It also makes me wonder about the communication skills that abound in my relationships... and how well I do with it.

1 comment:

as life would have it said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.