Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Changes.. transitions, passage...




Sunday was our anniversary. I was at work the day before so it was nice to sleep in.. sort of. We had to get up at 9:30 so that we could begin our day at the car dealer. We bought a new car. I did not realize how long it took to do this. Paperwork and haggling, and figures and down payments, and extras and I felt like I should have been home in bed. It would have been a better use of my time.. less tiring. But Sweetie pointed out that my presence was necessary for the picking of the color and saying that I didn't want the extras that my brother in law was helping us haggle for. I think that threw the dealer for a loop, who knows. (We picked up the new car last night.) So we went from a 1997 Dodge Neon to a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S. Wahoo. Then we went home and a woman came over to look at my old Sofabed couch. She and my hubby loaded into her van and she took it to her nephew's, where she reports, it fits perfectly and is just what he wanted. (After it sat downstairs on our first floor for a month!! I finally gave up and told my friend it was now or never. So hence someone else ended up with the couch and I have my living room back to rights!)

Then .. because it was my anniversary.. #1!! we went to VanDusen Gardens, only to discover that the CUPE strike has closed this as well, as it is a "park". We had forgotten this part and thought to go elsewhere, but instead we went back home (another 45 minute/30 minute drive) and I took a nap. I was exhausted having been called in the night before. Hubby took me to fancy restaurant, the kind that rotates and you see a different view of the city from minute to minute.


Then we slept in again the next morning, which is rare, and spent most of the day cleaning the house, playing in the garden, all of which I have not been able to do for a while due to work and stuff. Then I was tired again. Unfortunately, I had to go back to work the next day.

No comments: