Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Digging in my "garden"




Yesterday, I went digging in my “garden”. I call it my garden, but it really a planter box the length of my patio. I decided that I hated the plants that were there and ripped them all out. Sweetie is happy that the bush is gone as spiders like to build webs at his head level and he often runs into them. The gate was right next to it and the bush had grown wild instead of being shaped. I was going to keep the bush but we have to remove all of the soil from the box and replace it with new ones before we plant new things. I want a garden with flowers and pretty things rather than evergreens and ugly things.

It’ll be a bit of work and I have very little idea of what I am doing.. but I guess that is how you learn.

We went to the Van Dusen plant sale this past Sunday. Bought a few plants – miniature roses, an iris and got some advice from master gardeners about what I should put there. So we’ll see how it goes.

No comments: