Friday, February 02, 2007

Preaching via music -- Example A

Our Choir has an interim director while the regular one is away on sabbatical with her hubby. (Hubby is on sabbatical and she went with.) So we have a new dress code. White shirt, black pants/skirt and shoes. Men must wear ties. This is us on the first Sunday of new dress code. I am in the front row, forth one in near organ, and hubby is the tall one in the back!!! Had to go buy him a new tie as we only have one that is "proper" length for his tall frame.
We are going to a conference in Ontario this week and so we are going to miss singing on the 11th. I like the song though as it reminds me of the people that I see on my way to work, and sometimes at work.
I have written out the words below.
I See a Man


I see a man walkin’ down the street
He doesn’t have any shoes on his feet
I see a man walkin’ in your town
He’s always feeling down, there’s nobody else around

What can we give?
What can we say to this man that we see everyday?
Show him you care. Don’t stop and stare.
Give him new shoes and tell him good news
And tell him

Chorus:
Mister, Jesus died for you.
He loves you, so do I.
Mister, Jesus died for you.
He loves you, so do I.

I see a child sittin’ in the street
He doesn’t have any food he can eat
I see a child cryin’ in your town
Tears are streamin’ down, there’s nobody else around

What can we give?
What can we say to this child that we see everyday?
Show him you care. Don’t stop and stare.
Give him some bread, he must be fed
And tell them

Chorus:
Children, Jesus died for you.
He loves you, so do I.
Children, Jesus died for you. He loves you, so do I.

No comments: