Friday, February 23, 2007

Ghost Rider Movie

We went to the movies on Tuesday. It was his turn to pick. I wanted to see Music and Lyrics, but it was his turn to pick so we ended up seeing Ghost Rider. We both agree it was a little over done in some parts but I still thought it was good. Sweetie says that it is based on a comic book. I had never heard of this, but then he knows a lot about everything (wierd) it seems. I thought it was a good movie for what it was. I would have enjoyed it better had I not been sitting next to a bimbo trying to impress her date. She would scream and cuddle up close to her date. I suppose I would have done the same too if I were her age and not married. When you are married, I guess you don't worry so much about pretenses because the other person has married you, and accepts you as you are. (Mind you, someone at work asked if I was still married yesterday... to which I replied of course, it's only been six months and I plan to live a long and happy life with him.)

So Ghost Rider ... this is a story about Johnny Blaze, a stunt rider in a circus. He's a partner with his father. Johnny sells his soul to Mephistopheles to save his father's life. In the end, he becomes the Ghost Rider. Johnny is told that he must kill 4 demons and then he can have his life back.
While this movie is about supernatural/science fiction, it is also about darkness, evil, and hell. in our media (TV) we are shown various images of hell, demons and supernatural. Charmed
a show about witches hunting demons, tells us about the underworld, good fighting evil. But do we really think about the existence of evil in our world? The book of Revelations talks about the Apocalyse, the time when this earthly existence will cease and we will see the spiritual battle begin. We are told that there is another realm beyond our comprehension and we are to prepare our selves for a spiritual battle. (Ephesians 6:10-18) But I wonder how much we really realize the reality of the "other" realm. We have trivialized it to some degree as we seem to have done with most things in our lives. I guess if we don't see it in front of our eyes, we don't think it exists.

No comments: