Monday, February 19, 2007

Families


You know, when you are dating someone, and just getting to know them .. the more you learn about them, the more you love them, the more you wonder if you can seriously consider being a part of their family... Based on what sweetie was telling me of the various stories of his LARGE family, I wasn't so sure what I was getting myself into. As you can see from the photo, we have some interesting people in our family. This is a photo from when we visited with his aunt, on his mother's side. There are 6 cousins of varying ages. I thought I was used to big families and all, but I guess I still have a bit to learn about being in a BIG family. (I have only had one side of my extended family to get to know, so it's still a learning process.)
It was really fun being at his aunt's house. Everyone immediately started chatting, and there was dinner and then the cameras came out. EVERYone had a camera. Of course, we could not resist this pose! This was the first time Sweetie had seen these family members in about 10 or 12 years. Great visit and I hope to go back, and/or meet more families on either side.

After that visit, we went to visit people that I consider family -- my best friends, (flanking me) who I met in college some 10 years ago. They live in Ottawa and so we all drove to the midpoint, Belleville, for lunch. It started snowing as we got closer to Belleville and there was traffic due to the snow and mostly due to the plows that were leading the way. Good visit. A little too short, but good visit. Jenn says that we will likely do it again in another 3 years as that seems to be the rack record we have. They were just at my wedding this past summer and I was at hers the summer before, so she said the next visit will likely be when one of us has kids. We then started arguing over who was first.. "not me", "not me"... well, we'll see.

No comments: